THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO U.S. RESIDENTS AND IS GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”). SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS.
- The School Battery Quest (the “Promotion”) will begin on April 1, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. EST and end on May 25, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. EST
- The deadline for entries in the Promotion is May 24, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- The three winning entities will be selected on or after May 25, 2019, based on the total number of batteries reported recycled per capita during the contest period.
- The Promotion is only open to elementary and middle school classes, groups or clubs in the State of Vermont. Only legal residents of the U.S. who are 18 years of age or older can register an entity for the promotion via schoolbatteryquest.org. Employees of Call2Recycle, Inc. (the “Administrator”) and its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities are ineligible to enter the Promotion. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations. The Promotion is not open to entities of other states or countries.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Administrator will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Administrator will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
HOW TO ENTER
- To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following methods:
VIA WEBSITE – Go to registration form page at https://schoolbatteryquest.org/, then follow the instructions to enter and submit your contact information in the online entry form. Internet entries will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning the email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Administrator. The contest/sweepstake administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING
- Three (3) winners will be selected. Each entity winner will receive a Visa gift card – first place will receive $500, second place $300 and third place will receive $100. The Administrator is solely responsible for providing the prizes.
- Winning is based on the number of batteries reported as recycled by the entity’s members during the contest. Odds of winning are dependent on the number of valid entries and count of batteries recycled submitted by the entrants.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Administration, in its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above. Other restrictions may apply.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Winners will be notified via an email to the email address provided by participant.
- Unless otherwise specified in the prize notification, all prizes will be mailed to the winners. The winners are responsible for providing a valid mailing address to the Administrator. The Administrator, its sponsor(s), or promotional partner(s) are not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Decisions of Administrator management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s permission for the Administrator or its agents to use the entity name and address (city and state) for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, the Administrator may, where legal, require a winner to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Promotion, the Administrator in its sole discretion may require verification of Promotion winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government- issued photo identification.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) agree to release and hold harmless the Administrator, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, any social media platform utilized in the conduct of the Promotion (including but not limited to Facebook, Inc. and Twitter.) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. The Administrator may also require eligible Promotion winner(s), to sign a liability release confirming such consent.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Administrator’s control. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you understand and agree that:
- Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Promotion shall be settled by binding arbitration. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE U.S. WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non-convenience.
- Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (even if the rules and procedures of the arbitration tribunal allow class arbitrations).
- Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event and under no circumstances will entrants or winners be permitted to obtain awards for attorneys’ fees, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other form of damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased;
- if for any reason a claim or dispute regarding the Promotion or these Official Rules proceeds in court rather than through arbitration, there will not be a jury trial.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules, including but not limited to the agreement to arbitrate, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained herein.
- To obtain a copy of the Official Rules or a list of winner(s) following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope specifying “Official Rules” or “Winner List” to SCHOOL BATERY QUEST Winner List or Official Rules Request, 1000 Parkwood Circle Suite 200 Atlanta, GA 30339. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.